WEAVING TECHNOLOGY & FAITH FORMATION - leading STRAND
Presenter: Ali Dutson, Mission Grammar School
Participants will think more deeply about Faith Formation and how we can use technology tools to support this development. The framework of Internal and External Faith Expression and Formation will be introduced. Participants will think about the internal and external Faith Formation experiences we provide for learners. We will explore these two questions:
- How can technology support the internal reflection and prayer of a student?
- How can technology support the global connections, service learning and outreach of learners?
In order to maximize participants time, you are encouraged to complete the following in advance; we will use these materials to guide our work during the hands-on workshop:
- Load in your iBooks a list of Faith Formation/ Religion concepts covered in the grade you teach
- List any service project your learners participate in either school-wide or in individual classrooms
- Download any music or songs you enjoy for reflection (be creative here)
- Download the iMovie and iPhoto apps (see below for more details)
"Make beautiful HD movies anywhere with iMovie, the fast and fun moviemaking app that puts everything you need to tell your story at your fingertips. Browse and play projects in the Marquee view. Create Hollywood-style trailers or sophisticated home movies in minutes. And share your finished projects with the world – right from iMovie" (2013).
"With iPhoto for iOS, Apple brings Multi-Touch to photography in a breakthrough way. Browse, edit, and share your photos from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, like never before—all the powerful tools you need are at your fingertips. And with iCloud, you can share your experiences as stunning photo journals" (2013).
It is important to note that this app is not free and costs $4.99. Participants are expected to download iPhoto in advance and to use the iTunes gift card provided by the Catholic Schools Foundation.
Links & Digital Resources to Explore
Here are some wonderful resources for participants to further explore:
- Sacred Space: Your Daily Online Prayer
- The United States Catholic Bishops - Seven Themes of Catholic Social Teaching
- Playing for Change: Connecting the World through Music