Digital Storytelling seminar
Leslie Rule defines digital storytelling as "the modern expression of the ancient art of storytelling. Throughout history, storytelling has been used to share knowledge, wisdom, and values. Stories have taken many different forms. Stories have been adapted to each successive medium that has emerged, from the circle of the campfire to the silver screen, and now the computer screen" (Center for Digital Storytelling, 2011). The Center for Digital Storytelling's work is guided by the following principles, which can easily be transferred to the educational arena:
- Everyone has many powerful stories to tell.
- Listening is hard.
- People see, hear, and perceive the world in different ways.
- Creative activity is human activity.
- Technology is a powerful instrument of creativity.
- Sharing stories can lead to positive change.